TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Drives personal vehicle to client facilities, typically nursing homes, as directed by company dispatcher.
- Unloads phlebotomy tray and takes to patient's bedside to collect samples ordered by physician.
- Accurately identifies patient before collecting specimen(s).
- Accurately collects, labels, processes, and delivers specimens obtained from patients.
- Reloads equipment and all necessary specimens to vehicle for prompt delivery.
- Regularly communicates with dispatcher to report status and location.
- Strict adherence to Universal Precautions in controlling blood-borne pathogens and infectious disease exposures.
Maintain required certifications, health requirements, and operational requirements.
- Practices excellent communication and interaction skills specific to the population served, including the pediatric and geriatric communities.
- Treats customers and patients with respect, dignity, and discretion; acknowledging residents' rights and patients' right to refuse
- Must have a current, valid State phlebotomy license
- Must have a current, valid State Driver's license; car insurance; good driving record; a possess a vehicle in good working condition suitable to meet daily driving requirements
- Proficient in venipuncture and skin puncture using both vacutainer and syringe techniques
- Knowledge of laboratory operations
- Maintains sterile, sanitary conditions to prevent contamination
Team Player - Works well as a member of a group
Self-Starter - Inspired to perform without outside help
High School (required)
Licenses & Certifications
Drivers License (required)Time Management (preferred)Communication Skills (preferred)
CPT/Phleb Cert (preferred)
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
TridentUSA Health Services (including Mobilex, ADS, US Laboratories, Diagnostic Labs) is an equal opportunity employer committed to dealing with employees in a non-discriminatory manner based on job-related qualifications and abilities. TridentUSA Health will not discriminate against any applicant or employee because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, veteran status, age, disability or any other protected status. This policy applies, but is not limited to, decisions involving recruitment, employment, promotion, demotion, transfer, training, discipline, discharge, layoff, compensation, benefits and all other conditions of employment.